First post here, been reading and working in hackintosh configs quite a while, and now i'm giving a try to a dual Xeon config.
The system specs are:
· 2 x Intel XEON E5645 6Core 2.40GHz (BX80614E5645)
· 4 x G.Skill 12GB (3x4096) - PC12800 - CL9 - 12GBRL (48Gb total)
· Sapphire HD6870 1Gb GDDR5
Installation where fine, 10.6.7 ok, "about this mac" shows 2x2.4Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon, Sata card working fine, ethernet ok, GPU acceleration ok.
I followed standard iboot + multibeast with no problems.
· Boot. The only way getting the system into Snow Leopard is using again iBoot. When you try to boot from HDD no window appears, no kernel panic, only black screen with "_" blinking.
· Ram. The "About this mac" only shows 4Gb ram (in more info appears the 48Gb, but not sure if they are really working).
Any advice would be greatly welcome.